Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Who are we?
We are Zzish. We share a passion for building a world in which every teacher uses apps in the classroom to transform learning for students everywhere. Our goal is to bridge the gap between technology and the classroom.
Founded by Charles Wiles, Google’s first ever tech hire outside the US, our talented, enthusiastic team are building and scaling a deep technology platform for education apps. We call our dashboards a ‘virtual teaching assistant’, letting the teacher know exactly who needs help, and what they need help with. Now, our Quizalize application turns dull assessments into fun classroom games that millions of students love. Soon, our technology will use AI to make sophisticated recommendations on which content and which apps work best to help students learn.
Why Zzish? Why now?
You’ll be joining Zzish at a pivotal point in our growth. We have the best and most interesting apps in Edtech looking to integrate with our platform. We have teachers and clients in 120 countries who love our product and are seeing meaningful results with their students. Most importantly, we have a constantly evolving product roadmap which we believe will change the future of education forever.
Now all we need is YOU, an exceptionally talented Software Engineer (Full Stack) who loves to learn and wants to build a reliable, scalable and well-designed platform and suite of user facing applications that will be able to serve hundreds of millions of students every day.
- Contribute to the enhancement of current Zzish products
- Contribute to the development of new Zzish products
- Work in a fun, collaborative and co-located team environment
- Gain experience of working with cutting edge technologies
- Opportunity to contribute to our vision and efforts to open source some of our work
- Programming languages
- Node.js runtime for server side code and React framework for client side code
- A tiny amount of Python and Java
- Express Node.js web application framework
- Primarily MongoDB
- A bit of Elasticsearch, Redis, Neo4j and BigQuery
- Test Driven Development (TDD), test automation, continuous integration and delivery methodologies
- Messaging systems
- AWS SNS, SQS, Kinesis, Kafka
- Container technologies - Docker, Kubernetes
- REST APIs
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Serverless technologies
- Competitive salary in line with experience
- Share options: when we achieve our goals these will be worth more than the annual salary
- A Perk Box account https://www.perkbox.com/uk/
- Team socials, snacks and Diet Coke!!
- To join and learn from a team of passionate and super talented people
- The chance to use your talent for the social good!